Here at Quality Structural Inspections we strongly suggest RADON Testing for two important reasons; LUNG CANCER and money.
A Few Facts on Radon
* Radon is a gas formed by the breakdown of uranium and radium, both of which are found in high levels in Minnesota.
* Including New Construction, EVERY HOUSE IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO RADON!
* There are a great number of houses in Minnesota with high Radon levels.
*Radon is unpredictable. Two homes next to each other can have different levels (even if built at the same time).
* Radon gas is the second leading cause of cancer in the United States!
** Radon gas is the number one leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers!
* EPA, the American Lung Association, and the Minnesota Department of Health recommends Radon Testing!
* After testing and results are HIGH, Radon Mitigation systems can run about $1500 and the buyer usually asks the seller to pay for this.
* You can still test for Radon after the purchase of your home, however, you will be the one paying if the results are high.
* GET THE TEST NOW SO IT IS NOT A MAJOR COST LATER!